The way to my heart is through my stomach - figuratively, metaphorically, and literally.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Moe Joe's Country Diner - Manchester, NH

Moe Joe's Country Diner
649 E Industrial Park Dr Map.
Manchester, NH 03109
eatatmoejoe.com
(603) 641-2993

Moe Joe's Country Diner is a quick breakfast place one step up above a chain place.  It's where you go when you're running late and need a little more than just a coffee and wrap of some sorts in the morning.  They need about 10 minutes to get whatever you want done, so call it in and they'll have it waiting for you when you roll in.  Or you can eat in, and they'll keep you company, but I've always associated the place as a take out place for me.

A few things that I find Moe Joe's is exceptionally good at - their Irish Eggs Benedict, with hollandaise sauce.  Maybe because it brings memories of my childhood to me, or maybe Moe Joe's is just damn good at it, but 4 out of 5 times, that's my choice.

Moe Joe's has a home made baked beans that is a bit bland, but is delicious with just a touch more salt and pepper to bring out the flavors.  Eat this one quickly - for some reason it gets cold quickly, and no one likes cold beans.


The price is just about average for an above average diner, especially since most of the menu items are relatively simple and can be managed in most kitchens with a quick visit to the grocery store.

The winning side from here is the cornbread.  This cornbread must be homesick, because it definitely belongs in New Orleans.  It is made just right, so sweet and fluffy and orgasmically tasty.  Excuse me, tastegasmically tasty.  Just because my tongue is used to it, I usually pinch a touch of salt into the side, and shake it through, and for those hardcore butter lovers, I'm sure you already know you can melt some butter on your cornbread for your ultimate heartstopping fantasy.

Stop by, it's conveniently a minute right on exit 6 off of I-93.


Moe Joe Country Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment